The film is a semi-autobiographical account of a sculptor-writer, upon whose novel by the same name this film is based. It tells the story of a passionate sculptor, Eric, his past life, and his present. The film is actually quite moving towards the end, but irreverent, sexy and funny all the way through. It is very well directed, shot, and edited, and the performances by all the main actors are top-notch The film was also nominated for an Oscar under Best Foreign Language Film category, and could have won if not for François Truffaut's "La Nuit Américaine".
As for the nude scenes in the film, they are considered among the all-time classics. Monique van de Ven, who plays Eric's wife Olga, is a sight to behold - films like these just don't get made nowadays. I've cut these scenes from an excellent quality DVD, and believe these may probably be among the best samples you can find today. If you do like these scenes, you'll definitely enjoy the full film, and should be well worth your investment. Needless to say, Highly Recommended Viewing..!
The film starts with a quick catalogue of Eric's sexual conquests. They are wild, kinky, but mostly quite funny.
- Eric picks up a woman from a phone booth, and when she later asks for a 'souvenir', he obliges!
- He jumps into her car uninvited but somehow manages to bring her home. When she tries to take her top off, Eric asks her to put it back on and removes her panties instead - ostensibly to collect his 'trophy'!
- Eric with a rather religious girl, and a banana (?)
- Very funny scene of Eric with a young mum.
- Eric complains about her fat arse and tiny tits - the annoyed woman spots a photo and enquires about it. When she makes a casual remark, he throws her out onto the street naked.
- Eric brings home a girl but changes his mind after seeing one of his sculptures.
Compilation 2: Made from three 'interesting' and explicit nude scenes
- Eric falls in love with Olga the minute he lays eyes on her. He also seems to be obsessed with her bodily fluids - when she needed to use the toilet midway through cunnilingus, he asks her to pee in her mouth instead.
- They soon get married and Eric is annoyed at the frequent interruptions.
- Olga and Eric at the beach - sexy and funny.
Compilation 3: Has four scenes
- Eric is commissioned to make a sculpture for a hospital for which he uses Olga as his model. During a break Olga rushes out from the toilet believing she has cancer, Eric returns after inspecting the contents in the toilet bowl (omitted in my edit) and reassures her it was just the beetroot she had yesterday. He gives her a clean bill of health by pinning her ass with a flower.
- The Queen is visiting to unveil his sculpture, but the hospital authorities notice Olga's dress is revealing and try their best to keep them away from the Queen's sight.
- Singing and dancing in the rain - the scene begins rather romantically.
- Olga's mother had conspired to separate Olga and Eric. Eric sneaks into her room while she's asleep and tries to make love, and the horrible woman barges in and pulls him away.